donderdag 31 maart 2011

Thoughts at 5:45 a.m.

Sleep (or lack thereof)
It's 5.45 a.m. I've been up since 4.30 because my boy hadn't slept yet, had growing pains and needed some TLC. He fell asleep with me rubbing his legs. His huge big boy soccer legs. Such a difference from the small chubby boy legs that I used to rub almost every night.
His not sleeping worries me. He's at home a lot, not going to school, due to the ensuing tiredness. And the school has not bothered to call once. I'm thinking this is a ball that I will pick up once we get back from Berlin.

Berlin
Because YEAH, it's Berlin weekend! Anniversary weekend for hubby and I. We're going with newish friends, so it will be fun to see how our travel plans mesh (or not). They're driving, we're hitching a ride. Really looking forward to it!

Rudeness
Yesterday I was treated quite rudely during a work meeting. Left the meeting feeling really upset and then, on the advice of my husband, decided to write them an e-mail to give them some feedback. Just now I read the reply. Turns out Mr. Rude had mistaken me for someone else. Someone else that he'd e-mailed with but never met, and someone who had pushed his buttons all the wrong way. So all his frustration with this other person was poured out on me. I just have to laugh. So I accepted the apology and wrote back that we would shake hands and recognize each other the next time we met. Glad it wasn't about me, a bit sad that he felt it necessary to be so abrupt with someone he'd never met.

I'll go back and lie down now. For the 40 minutes that's left before the alarm goes off.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Love hearing from anyone, so let me know what you want to say!